RE: Facts and draft-state information (was Re: Protocol Action: 'Case-Sensitive String Support in ABNF' to Proposed Standard (draft-kyzivat-case-sensitive-abnf-02.txt)

Yeah, I've often wondered about that text...

> (3) Briefly describe the review of this document that was performed by
> the Document Shepherd.  If this version of the document is not ready
> for publication, please explain why the document is being forwarded to
> the IESG.

I've always assumed it means "If you are forwarding this to the IESG without it
being ready for publication, you have a lot of explaining to do."

Adrian