Re: IETF web site behind CloudFlare

On Sep 16, 2014, at 9:54 AM, Paul Wouters <paul@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> As for it being sad, I see it as a reasonable tradeoff in today’s Internet.
>
> How many attacks has ietf.org been under?

Dunno, but given how sadly easy it is to mount DOS attacks, I’d be surprised if there haven’t been some.

> Can the vendor not distinguish
> between tor nodes towards ietf.org and tor nodes towards other sites?

Is there a canonical list of Tor nodes? If so, then maybe, however it’s been a couple of years since I was at CloudFlare, so I’d just be guessing.

> We
> have contributors in countries where using tor to access IETF might
> actually be a requirement.

No doubt.

> How does this mechanism work when there is traffic using TLS? Is there a
> MITM cert?

Probably best to ask the folks at CloudFlare.

Regards,
-drc