Re: [taugh.com-standards] Re: Gen-ART and OPS-Dir review of draft-ietf-appsawg-nullmx-06

John R Levine:
> >> No, 550 to reject the MAIL FROM is correct.  See RFC 5321, sec 3.3.  It's
> >
> > My concern is with sending 521 after RCPT TO.  Sorry for coming
> > with this late in the process. I wasn't aware of the nullmx revival.
>
> If you get 521 as a server greeting it means ...

Thanks, there was no need to repeat that another time.  I infer
from your response that you are not concerned about consistency
between 4XY and 5XY SMTP responses, not even when until now all X21
SMTP responses end a session whereas the proposed 521 does not.
And with that, I will leave this discussion.

	Wietse