Re: draft-dukhovni-opportunistic-security-04

Dave,

(This exchange is mostly a repeat of a mail Dave sent to the
saag list in [1], to which I responded in [2]. But its fair
enough to comment to this list as well I guess.)

You say "promptly decided." That is incorrect. I had sent
a mail to this list last Friday, at the end of the extended
IETF LC, saying that was the plan. (See [2])

Your "blanket dismissal" point is nonsense. There were
literally hundreds of mails about this draft, many of them
from you and many responding to you. I have concluded that
you are just in the rough when it comes to the non-editorial
comments you have made on -04. (All of which you also made
a number of times before I believe and all of which have
been responded to by the author or others as far as I can
see.)

Yes, the diff between -03 and -04 is unusually large. However,
I consider it editorial and for a short informational document
like this, while that's unusual, I think it is ok. And the
changes as far as I can see do reflect the list discussion
since -03 was published.

There is also at this point maybe more risk of damage being
done by endless editorial nitpicking than by proceeding to
IESG evaluation with text that I believe captures the rough
consensus, which is not very rough at all for the meat of
the topic, but is certainly rougher for the specific text.

S.

[1] https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/saag/current/msg05528.html
[2] https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/saag/current/msg05533.html