Re: IETF-91 Question - Hilton Hawaiian village construction and resort fee - Alternative hotel: D3

On Fri, Aug 15, 2014 at 12:47 AM, Ben Campbell <ben@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Aug 11, 2014, at 1:10 PM, Christer Holmberg <christer.holmberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> > [MB] Well, good luck with that!  The IETF hotel is in the heart of the resort area and from
>> > what I have found the IETF rate is pretty darn good, in particular considering they are not
>> > charging the $30 per day resort fee.  Please do post alternative hotels that are significantly
>> > cheaper than the IETF hotel after you make your own reservation.
>>
>> There is a DoubleTree, 7 minutes walking from the Hilton, and currently the best refundable rate is 189 USD (+tax), which is only 4 USD more than the cheapest IETF rate. There is no resort fee, afaiu.
>>
>> …AND, you get the famous D3 cookie when you check-in :)
>>
>> http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/hotels/hawaii/doubletree-by-hilton-hotel-alana-waikiki-hotel-HNLKADT/index.html
>
> But the HHV has Penguins!
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hilton_Hawaiian_Village#Wildlife

If penguins is what you are looking for, we should go back to Cape
Town - http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-of6yRbaomh4/TWfaus922jI/AAAAAAAAAno/SfvrwlkJbRc/s1600/penguinsign2.jpg

idea in the first place.
of pants.
   ---maf