Re: DMARC and ietf.org

>an IETF draft, these lists were changed to not modify the message body
>or subject line in any way (no footers and no subject tags).

That's one of the workarounds discussed in the wiki here:

http://wiki.asrg.sp.am/wiki/Mitigating_DMARC_damage_to_third_party_mail

Any change to existing practice will have some bad effects.  If a list
has been adding subject tags, and it stops adding them, people who
sort on subject tags will lose.  If it rewrites the From: line to put
in the list address, people who pick messages to read based on who
wrote them will lose, and it breaks S/MIME signatures.  And so forth.
See wiki for details.

Short of some DKIM-bis that allows for trusted forwarders to sign
messages in a way that DMARC recipients will accept (which we're
working on but don't hold your breath) there's no good solution to
this, only less bad solutions.

R's,
John