Re: DMARC and ietf.org

On 7/20/2014 2:54 PM, Pete Resnick wrote:
> I have delusions that those two should not differ significantly and that
> the WG can produce at least enough of an outline of what ought to be
> done in short finite time that the IETF's MTA folks will be able to make
> changes. That is, after all, the way our process is *supposed* to work.
> I understand the vastness of my delusions, but I am motivated to get
> phase 1 of the charter completed quickly.

In the late 80s, which was the beginning of the Internet's commercial
market, my group produced Internet protocol stacks.

Europe was 25% of our revenues, in spite of being the hotbed of OSI --
"OSI created the market; the Internet satisfied it." (sm)

One of my larger customers was the manager of the IT department at ISO...

I asked whether he got hassled about that and with no accompanying smile
he said that he had a job to do and they didn't get to tell him how to
do it.

The IETF ops folks have an immediate requirement.  They should not be
forced to wait on a yet-unformed working group and unknown delays after
it is formed, before dealing with that problem.

Michael described immediate and consequential problems.

They need immediate and useful actions.

d/

--
Dave Crocker