Re: Reviving watersprings.org.

On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 3:13 PM, Elwyn Davies <elwynd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I also quite liked the watersprings interface and was saddened by its
> demise.  However, Henrik's draft searching scheme does most of what I
> need and the interface at tools.ietf.org/html/draft... gives you the
> access to all the versions and output renderings.
>
> The only thing lacking is the ability to have a nicely formatted and
> resonably compact list of all the drafts ever made starting with a given
> letter.  Useful for idle browsing and finding drafts you can't quite
> remember the title or authors of.

Well, I finally had a chance to poke at this -- I moved everything
over to a new VM and fixed it there (instead of poking at the existing
one). I never really used the original one, so I'm not sure if I fixed
/ reimplemented all the features.

I also updated some things - the original one was doing some fancy FTP
parsing, which I couldn't really see the point of, so I replaced it
with rsync. Oh, this also didn't update since ~2011, will see if I can
backfill sometime...

Anyway, if folk would like to see the new version, it is at
http://watersprings.snozzages.com -- once if finished futzing with it
I'll change the DNS.

> Warren: If you have time and enthusiasm I'd be inclined to see if a
> couple of extra screens could be added to what we have already rather
> than reimplementating a separate Watersprings clone since the back end
> is already in place.

This was easier, although it did mean relearning Perl -- will look at
reimplementing on the IETF site sometime.