Re: DMARC from the perspective of the listadmin of a bunch of SMALL community lists

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 1:54 PM, Rolf E. Sonneveld <R.E.Sonneveld@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

This might have been true if:

1. Yahoo _did_ solve the abuse problem and

We'll have to wait for them to tell us whether it did.  Anything we conclude is our perspective, not theirs.

2. the decision making process within a closed industry consortium with maybe less than 20 members, representing immense commercial power, could be compared to the process of consensus, that's being used within IETF.

The consortium hasn't been closed for a long time.  A public mailing list outside the IETF was announced and created, and then a second one maintained at the IETF, both of which have been places from which suggestions from the general community have been discussed, accepted, and incorporated into revisions.  There was furthermore a BoF to create a working group held a couple of IETF meetings ago.  It's not correct to claim this has been closed the entire time any more than DKIM was.

-MSK