Re: Saying no (was: Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-opsec-lla-only-07.txt> (Using Only Link-Local Addressing Inside an IPv6 Network) to Informational RFC)

On Mar 27, 2014, at 6:41 PM, Andrew Sullivan <ajs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> If there's weak IETF consensus (with some strong objections)
> to a document that comes from a WG and has strong consensus inside the
> WG, the _only_ people who can say no are the IESG; and they must.

Not to put words in the responsible AD's mouth, but we do have a process for dealing with this situation.   What it looks like to me is that there is IETF consensus to publish the document, as long as it comes with appropriate caveats about applicability.   Normally in a situation like this, there would be text added to the document as a result of IETF last call comments before the document ever made it to IESG review.