Re: IAOC Seeks Community Input on IETF Website Revamp SOW

> I was concerned when I first heard of this that it would result in a
> website that would call for flashy software on a gee-whiz device to
> be able to carry on participating in the work of the IETF.  I note,
> however, that while the SOW talks of getting the work done, the SOW is
> limited to www.ietf.org.  Checking History, I find I last used that when
> planning to attend IETF89 and before that, I cannot recall when.

I think you're overlooking that there is lots of informational
material at www.ietf.org/* for people who may not strictly be
newcomers but are still learning. I'm still learning, and use
much of that material frequently.

Of the ~50 links off http://www.ietf.org/content.html, I counted
only 6 links to the datatracker.

> So if www.ietf.og was made gee-whiz and flashy, it would not affect me;
> and perhaps that website, which is what the innocent browser would most
> likely stumble across in a search for the IETF, should be gee-whiz and
> flashy to advertise better who we are and what we do, to give us more
> street cred..

That's the outreach mission. Different audience.

   Brian