Re: IAOC Seeks Community Input on IETF Website Revamp SOW

On Mar 17, 2014, at 5:03 PM, Abdussalam Baryun <abdussalambaryun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> That includes the internet community, but IETF participants (usually number of active participants in IETF did not change and their preferences may not change) should not object to change because change will include more opportunities within the dynamic internet community.

IETF participants can and should object to things they think are mistakes.   However, it's important to have a clear idea of the scope of the problem being solved while discussing approaches to the problem.   Otherwise we wind up with a solution that may be perfect in a narrow scope but doesn't address important requirements.

So please don't take my previous message as an indication that IETF participants shouldn't object to the proposed plan.   I was just trying to remind people to keep scoping in mind while thinking about the problem.