Re: quaint old computers, was "Archived-At" headers

---- Original Message -----
From: "John Levine" <johnl@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <ietf@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: <daedulus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2014 8:43 PM
> >I don't  - I just like guidance on what to upgrade to e.g will XP
stop
> >working in April when it goes out of currency?
>
> No, but they'll stop fixing security bugs, so you'll fairly soon be
> pwn3d.
>
> Perhaps you could splurge on a �200 Windows 7 laptop, or check out
> the wonders of Ubuntu.

I do seem to have a 100% success rate at asking questions that get an
answer to a different question. I am familiar with the actions that
Microsoft are taking over XP; they do an excellent job of keeping their
users informed of their actions.

Unlike the IETF:-(

What I was trying to ask was whether or not the IETF website would still
be accessible post April 8th, or will the website developers take
advantage of the actions of Microsoft to 'enhance' the website such that
XP is rendered useless?  Some websites are doing just that but they are
giving fair warning.  On the other hand, the TLS list has one e-mail
saying that 20% of their users are on XP so they will go on supporting
it (the TLS list was sort of suggesting that XP was quaint, old and so
the limitations it imposed on security could then be ignored).

Tom Petch