Re: IAOC Seeks Community Input on IETF Website Revamp SOW

>7.d.vii: "For pages that require the use of applets, a link to the page
>where the user can obtain the plug-ins will be provided.": Do we really
>want/need to go that far? What about just saying "no use of
>applets/plugins"?

Yes, please.  Many of us use neither Windows nor Mac nor Android nor
iOS, which means that applets rarely work.  Anything useful you can do
with an applet you can do, perhaps slightly slower, by sending
requests back to the host.

Also, you can do a lot of useful stuff with no applets at all.
Etherpad works fine on my FreeBSD box, for example, where I've used it
to take notes for many WG sessions.

R's,
John