Re: Two official work languages is smarter (was Re: IETF working language

On 9 Mar, 2014, at 19:46, Abdussalam Baryun <abdussalambaryun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am sorry, and I did not mean any insult, most of IETF meeting are not in Europe but most IETF meetings are in America.

Greetings,

What you have stated  is patently not true. It was true some time ago. But not now.

When I started to participate we had two meetings per year in North America (and that meant mostly the US) and a meeting in Europe or Asia on alternate years.

That has clearly and obviously changed. Just look at where we have been in more recent years. Just look where we plan to go.

I think it is good that the IETF has evolved. And I think it will continue to do so.

But personally I hope we do not go down the ICANN and choose places where those who wish to contribute find it difficult to participate.

Regards,

Gordon