Re: A suggestion for future Technical Plenaries

On Mar 6, 2014, at 10:12 AM, Murray S. Kucherawy <superuser@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think it might be helpful to engage a couple of random IETF participants prior to plenary to see if the IAB overlooked anything.  This is not the first time the IAB vetted a presentation that was ultimately not well received by the audience.

I think Russ said that we would see announcements on the IETF mailing list much earlier about the presentation being considered, so that we could get feedback.   If so, I think this does what we need and we don't need to design any more of a solution.

> By the way, one of the other places folks should be encouraged to ask about or offer suggestions for work in the IETF is from the floor, after the presentation.
>
> It will be quite a bit more productive than attacking the speaker...
>
> Since that can be a charged discussion, I think it's unfortunate that the place to bring it up is while said speaker is still in the room.

That was really awkward on Monday.   I was sitting right behind the speaker in question, and watching him, I felt embarrassed by some of what people were saying at the mic.