RE: We're officially a cabal

> BTW, did anyone notice that the the "I* leaders" e-mail from the Chair
> that started that discussion was encoded in "charset=windows-1252"
> rather than ASCII or UTF-8?  So much for standards...

That would be because Jari is Finnish, ASCII lacks Finnish characters,
ISO/IEC 8859-1 lacks some Finnish characters, -15 adds them but no-one
uses it, and Finnish adoption of UTF-8 has been slow because everyone's
already using Windows, which solved the localisation problem long before
the standards bodies did.

Lloyd Wood
http://about.me/lloydwood