Re: A private club

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 12:34 AM, S Moonesamy <sm+ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am not comfortable stating that there is consensus on an Internet-Draft when participation is from a small number of individuals having some affiliation in common.  That creates an appearance of a private club.

I understand what you're saying here, but I think if we were to establish rules that demand a non-small number of diverse individuals for anything to get published, we would be a lot less able to make progress on much of anything than is the case now.  I'm sure we would all prefer more obvious consensus and diversity, but sometimes we have to go with what we can muster.  It's definitely a worthwhile compromise, in my opinion.

-MSK