Re: Call for Review of draft-iab-filtering-considerations-06.txt, "Technical Considerations for Internet Service Blocking and Filtering"

Hi Alessandro,

Thanks for your comments. I have one question below.

On 1/30/14 10:52 AM, "Alessandro Vesely" <vesely@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>On Wed 29/Jan/2014 17:16:56 +0100 IAB Chair wrote:
>> This is a call for review of "Technical Considerations for Internet
>> Service Blocking and Filtering" prior to potential approval as an
>> IAB stream RFC.
>>
>> The document is available for inspection here:
>> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-iab-filtering-considerations/
>
>Albeit it purports to keep clear of (un)ethical considerations, the
>document seems to be oriented toward government-imposed restrictions,
>recounting how it would be better to move filtering to collaborative
>endpoints rather than disrupting Internet operation, since bad actors
>can circumvent filtering anyway.  I fully agree, but I think that a
>general purpose document on this subject might have touched on such
>points as password management, user identification, and outbound port

Could you expand a bit about what you feel is missing as regards to
password management and user identification?

Thanks,
Alissa