Re: [imapext] Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-qresync-rfc5162bis-09

Alexey,

On 1/28/14, 9:37 AM, Alexey Melnikov wrote:

> I think David's right that some version of what Eliot said:
>>> there
>>> is a requirement for strict syntax parsing.  If the client blows it in
>>> any way, the server SHOULD return an error with a BAD response.
>> ...should be added to the section about the line-length limit.  A
>> sentence or two should do nicely.
> Yes, I agree.

Then my suggestion is to push out a new version with  some text along
these lines before the teleconference, please (tomorrow would be
ideal).  I will note that I believe this advice to be general in nature
and not limited to this capability, but we certainly can reinforce the
point here, and restate it if/when someone does an update to 3501
(probably when I have grandchildren, I would think).

Eliot