Re: Multi-homed BCP38

Subject: Re: Multi-homed BCP38 Date: Thu, Jan 09, 2014 at 07:17:47PM -0000 Quoting John Levine (johnl@xxxxxxxxx):

> Also, if you'll review the messages to which you're responding, you'll
> note that the customer is often an ISP with customers of its own so
> there are far too many ranges to handle manually.

An "ISP" who does not understand and use BGP is probably not serious. Were
I in the business of selling Internet connectivity (and I'm not, I'm a
multihomed customer who does speak BGP with my upstreams) I'd look at such
potential customers with a mixture of suspicion and badly hidden contempt.

Which is not constructive,  quarter-of-year-cash-flow-wise, but it is
indeed better for the Internet. IMNSHO. And, in the long run, there is
a definitive cost associated with running crap setups like multihoming
without a proper dynamic routing protocol.

--
Måns Nilsson     primary/secondary/besserwisser/machina
MN-1334-RIPE                             +46 705 989668