Re: Concerns about draft-moonesamy-ietf-conduct-3184bis-05 becoming a Best Current Practice

I think the text you SM and Russ discussed for the "global" issue is fine, and supported by the discussion. (Although I have to say, the word "whole" later in that section already did it for me; I did not consider the fix critical. But I think the document is better with the fix.)

>   3. IETF participants devise solutions for the global Internet that
>      meet the needs of diverse technical and operational environments.

I'm also happy to have the IPR rules referenced, again as discussed by you SM and Russ and supported by discussion.

> Here is text which can be inserted in the last paragraph of Section 2:
>
>  We follow the intellectual property guidelines outlined in BCP 79.
>  IETF participants read the relevant Internet-Drafts …

And I think the suggestion from Dave was also worthwhile and supported by discussion:

>      ... All participants, particularly those with English as a first
>      language, attempt to accommodate the needs of other participants
>      by communicating clearly, including speaking slowly and limiting
>      the use of slang. …

Finally, you should use data tracker URLs as Russ suggested.

I do think though that for the rest, we are beyond the stage where additional editing provides useful results. I think SM's text is good, easily understandable, and ready to go.

Jari