Re: [rtcweb] Matthew's Objections: was Re: Straw Poll on Video Codec Alternatives

On 12/10/13 16:33, Matthew Kaufman (SKYPE) wrote:
Spending the Working Group's time on picking an MTI video codec at this point is just as disruptive to the vital work the WG needs to complete as it would be for me to stand in the corner of the next WG meeting continuously blowing a vuvuzela.

Then light a candle.

The working group is made of its participants, of which you are presumably one. Start a conversation about something else. I agree that there are other deliverables, and there's no reason we can't discuss and progress them in parallel with any codec-related discussions.

Start here; dive in anywhere:

http://tools.ietf.org/wg/rtcweb/

/a

____
P.S. FWIW, I think the chairs are doing a perfectly reasonable job under some of the most difficult circumstances I've seen in 16 years of IETF work. For the past couple of meeting cycles, the problem hasn't even been the codec discussions; it's been the hyperaggressive meta-conversations talking *about* the codec conversations. From that perspective, you *are* standing in the corner playing a vuvuzela as a member of a highly disruptive vuvuzela chorus. We formally have three chairs, which is already large for a working group. We really don't need the hundred or so participants to be back-seat chairs as well.