Re: IPv6 deployment [was Re: Recent Internet governance events]

On 22/11/2013 21:54, joel jaeggli wrote:
> It's not unreasonable to expect more failure than success as part of the
> human enterprise. If anything the structure of incentives around IETF
> activities tend (imho) to cause  us to spend more time dwelling on the
> failures, the things that turned out to be a bad idea, and so forth then
> simply moving on.

That's true enough. However, I'm not sure that a protocol whose usage rate
has grown by a factor of ~5.5 relative to total Internet traffic in the
last two years, at one significant content provider, is ready to be declared
a failure. That would normally be considered a success.

(Data from http://www.google.com/ipv6/statistics.html)

Ditto for a protocol whose usage has grown by a factor of ~5
since May this year at another significant measurement point.

(Data from http://www.akamai.com/ipv6)

http://www.worldipv6launch.org/measurements/ for more data.

   Brian