Re: ***UNCHECKED*** Global Multistakeholder Meeting on the Future of Internet Governance

On Monday, November 18, 2013 16:27:39 Dave Crocker wrote:
> On 11/18/2013 4:15 PM, Jari Arkko wrote:
> > The web site is under construction and in a state flux, which probably
> > explains some of the weirdness. For instance, both me and Russ have
> > signed up on the mailing list but not received mails yet. There's no
> > IPv6. Bug reports have been filed...
>  From a quick scan of the postings on this thread, the effort you folks
> are describing sounds either like a scam or a serious lack of
> operational competence.
>
> In either case, it seems like it should prompt considerable caution
> rather than considerable haste.
>
> It's not as if it is difficult to set up a basic web site these days...

I'm not personally in a rush to sign up for anything with a privacy policy
that includes things like it being permissible to release private information
when it is determined to be in the publics interest.  As I read it, the
privacy policy boils down to them being able to release anything to anybody
that is not specifically prohibited by law.

Scott K