Re: [dhcwg] We can change the world in a 1000 ways (IPv4 over IPv6)

On Nov 13, 2013, at 10:49 AM, Ole Troan <otroan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> is there a problem here, or should we just accept that sometimes the IETF
> will generate ten sets of publications solving more or less the same problem?

If I'd been area director earlier in the process I might have just shut the working group when it became clear that the principals couldn't agree on a proposal, and required that they come to agreement before a BoF would be approved.   But it's much too late in the process to do that now.   And I don't even know if that would have produced a better outcome.

I don't think we should accept that this has to happen every time, and I think we should try to prevent it happening in the future.   But there is no sense crying over spilt milk.