Re: We can change the world in a 1000 ways (IPv4 over IPv6)

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 9:06 AM, Michael Richardson <mcr+ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
My gut is that until we have a unified story and some fielded product on
deploying v4 over v6, that for a number of ISPs, adding v6 is just added cost
with no savings.

Agreed. And (perhaps to Brian's point just now), it may not matter all that much which one "wins." At some point having a solution is more important than having the best solution (especially since best is usually quite subjective). What we need is one good-enough solution for IPv4 over IPv6 communication to be anointed THE suggested IPv4 over IPv6 mechanism so that operators have something to deploy. Today they have a research project to even discover what the options are - and this is not how technology gets widely adopted in my limited experience.

$0.02
~Chris

--
@ChrisGrundemann