RE: A sort of council of elders for the internet

Agreeing with this thread, I think a few ADs might undertake a few cautious
experiments for a few WGs.

AFAIK, there is nothing in the process rules that forbid soliciting private
opinions about candidates. Just like technical discussions, "I support" is as
useful as a barrel full of butter at a dog grooming parlour. But "This wouldn't
work because..." can save the WG a lot of pain. Additionally "Have you
considered Fredericka who has the following skills..." would be a help.

Chair turn-over is not high, but the experiment is easily corrected since firing
chairs is easy.

Over to the IESG to enact this?

Adrian