Re: A sort of council of elders for the internet

"t. p." <daedulus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> But we are NOT Engineers, just 'scientists, technicians and
> programmers'.
>
> Seriously, I think that a lack of comprehension of the existence of
> engineering is a major hindrance is some parts of the world, such as
> where the Economist comes from.

It's a stretch to attribute that to this article.

Programmers are usually considered to be a subset of "engineering",
and technicians certainly includes engineers.  And the subtitle of
the piece, in large print at the top, is,

 "Stung by revelations of ubiquitous surveillance and compromised
  software, the internet's engineers and programmers ponder how to
  fight back"

  -- Cos