From: ietf-bounces@xxxxxxxx [ietf-bounces@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Noel Chiappa [jnc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 08 November 2013 00:33
To: ietf@xxxxxxxx
Cc: jnc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Wayback Machine hardware burnt out

    > From: Brian E Carpenter <brian.e.carpenter@xxxxxxxxx>

    > Oh dear

Before anyone else has a heart-attack (I nearly had one - I use this all the
time):

  A fire ripped through the Internet Archive.s (IA) San Francisco scanning
  centre ... it has lost about $600,000 worth of digitisation hardware.

  Luckily, no data was hurt during the blaze, which did not affect the IA's
  main building.

So it's serious, but not catastrophic. (And I hope they have off-site backups!)

   Noel