Re: https at ietf.org

Here I agree. [The value of discourse]

1. We already offer https, so if you want to go https, you can.

2. We should figure out a way of signing (and doing the appropriate PKI) documents. The fact we think we cannot says we basically say NO ONE can trust the Internet. I am willing to believe S/MIME with a known set of roots is a start.

Do we really believe #2 is not a solvable problem? If it is not solvable (or solved), we are totally hosed.