Re: Respecting the IETF rough consensus process

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 8:47 AM, Melinda Shore <melinda.shore@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm a fan of consensus decision-making processes and will generally -
but not always - advocate for their use.  I think that this is one
of those "not always" cases.

Well said. I concur. The consensus principle is sound but its not an absolute. I think that the matter at hand demanded action which would not have completed quickly under a normal consensus seeking WG driven process. What we have now will be tractable, and reflects wider society norms and expectations. We can improve from here.

I'd like to congratulate the people who worked on this solution for getting to somewhere fast which can hopefully quench emerging problems.

It saddened me hugely when I learned we needed this. It pleased me much that we got to somewhere this quickly.

-G