Re: Internet standardisation remains unilateral

    > From: Dave Crocker <dhc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

    > I think his slides do miss some essential points

For me, the biggest one is regarding non-US people (whether you measure 'US'
by citizenship, or residence) working for US-'based' multi-nationals. (That
too is a complex question, as their country of incorporation may not be where
their main nexus us, although for many tech companies it is.)  He counted such
people as 'US', but I think that's a simple gloss on a more complex reality.

And of course it goes both ways - what about, e.g. US citizens working for a
non-US company? What box do they go in? If you go by the company's country,
for US companies (even if the personnel are non-US citizens, residing in their
native country), would the same rule apply to non-US companies?

Actually, probably a bigger issue than national bias is the dominance of
vendors (who can afford to send personnel), versus users.

	Noel