Re: feedback & blog entry

On 9/24/2013 1:22 PM, IETF Chair wrote:
SM:

Thanks for the feedback.

I read the article.  As a comment about the last paragraph, the metric being used is not the best in my humble opinion.
You are referring to attendance and authoring RFCs? I agree, of course. I apologize for using a metric that is, at best, partial. My only defense is that it was what I had easily available :-( I do realise that real engagement from different types of organisations and people and areas of the world goes to far more fundamental issues than showing numbers of people. True involvement and effect is what counts. As we know, that does not necessarily correlate with any particular statistic...

 Spencer Dawkins made an insightful comment which I would look into if I was looking for a better metric.
Ok. Which comment are you referring to? I'm sorry, too much e-mail to know what you are referring to. I'd be interested in better metrics.

Hi, Jari,

I'm not saying that I make so many insightful comments that I can't keep them straight, but I wasn't sure, either :D

I'm guessing SM is referring to this one ...

https://www.ietf.org/ibin/c5i?mid=6&rid=49&gid=0&k1=933&k3=12404&k4=1&tid=1380055577

Spencer