Re: Transparency in Specifications and PRISM-class attacks

Hi Phillip,

I am personally not worried that the standardization work in the IETF can be sabotaged by governments since our process is open, and transparent to everyone who cares to see what is going on. I could, however, see easily how that is a problem with some other organizations (without listing any).

I believe it is useful to talk about specific cases instead of abstract concerns to see whether there is a problem at all in the IETF. Maybe that would allow us to find out whether there is a room for improvement.

Ciao
Hannes

PS: From my work in the IETF I am more worried about security & privacy unfriendly ideas individuals and companies come up with. Those obviously help the NSA and others to intercept communication more easily.