Re: ORCID - unique identifiers for contributors

On 9/18/2013 8:45 AM, Andy Mabbett wrote:
> On 17 September 2013 21:10, Tony Hansen <tony@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Very few people use the uri element in the author block. (I count zero
>> in the currently extant internet-drafts XML files.) Its intended use
>> really is for the author to put in whatever URI they care to that helps
>> identify them. Its usage is directly parallel to a person's postal, fax
>> and email addresse. So plugging an ORCID into the URI element seems to
>> fit that usage perfectly.
> What address block? Please refer to the listing of my name in RFC
> 6350; noting that I am not listed as an "author".

Hmmm, I just re-read your original message to ietf@xxxxxxxx. What I had
originally taken as a complaint about getting a way to have a unique id
(in this case, an ORCID) for the authors was instead a complaint about
getting a unique id for the people listed in the acknowledgements.

I can't say I have a solution for that one.

    Tony Hansen