Re: ORCID - unique identifiers for contributors

On 9/16/2013 3:07 PM, David Morris wrote:

On Mon, 16 Sep 2013, Melinda Shore wrote:

On 9/16/13 6:49 AM, Dave Cridland wrote:
That's not to say you can't put any particular URI against your name in
an RFC, mind, but I'd be rather hesitant to leap at mandating a
registration procedure for authors.

I think it's an interesting idea.  It might be worth talking
with Heather and with whoever maintains the xml2rfc schema
about whether or not we can or should experiment with adding
an ORCID element to the name element.

I don't see a need to mandate providing an ORCID or other identifier,
but I can't see a reason not to support  inclusion of such an
identifier at the contributor's option.

+1, if any mandate, then make it a IETF registry. :)

--
HLS