Re: [DNSOP] Practical issues deploying DNSSEC into the home.

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 04:46:01PM +0000, Ted Lemon wrote:

> The model for this sort of validation is really not on a per-client
> basis, but rather depends on routine cross-validation by various
> DNSSEC operators throughout the network.  This will not necessarily
> catch a really focused attack, so it's not a panacea, but it would
> limit the scope of the threat for this sort of attack.

Fair enough, but if the goal is to prevent pervasive surveillance,
simply using a key exchange which provides perfect forward secrecy
will do that, even given the pathetic state of https security given
the realities of the web and the CA's out there.

Still, I agree with the general precept that perfect should not enemy
of the better, and DNSSEC certainly adds value.  I just get worried
about people who seem to think that DNSSEC is a panacea.

   		      		    	       - Ted