From: ietf-bounces@xxxxxxxx [mailto:ietf-bounces@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Brian Rosen
Sent: Tuesday, August 06, 2013 8:30 AM
To: Michael Richardson
Cc: iaoc-rps@xxxxxxxx; ietf@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: RPS Accessibility

Could be an app that put you in the queue and used your laptop/tablet/smartphone microphone to get the audio.

On Tuesday, August 6, 2013, Michael Richardson wrote:

Dave Crocker <dhc@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > An entirely different approach would be to have all speakers make a
    > 'reservation' into a single meetecho (or whatever) online queue, and then get
    > called in order, whether local or remote and independent of what microphone
    > they are at.  This gets accurate identification into the online system, with
    > the entry task distributed.

+1.
And move the microphones to the people, rather than the other way around.

We can easily have three or four microphones that can play leap-frog around
the room.

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works