Re: procedural question with remote participation

On 04/08/13 23:37, Melinda Shore wrote:
We're all different, and for my purposes, in all honesty, having
slides unavailable until 45 seconds before a session start hasn't
been an issue as a remote participant.  It's definitely aggravating
as a chair, though, since we need to get those uploaded via the
meeting materials manager.  Overall, though, I'd say my feelings
about this are substantially similar to Stephen Farrel's:

    So I'd say working on ways to make remote participation better
    while not making f2f participation more of a pain would be the way
    to go.

Thanks for pointing this out.

And it's unclear to me that having slides available a week before
a session would improve remote participation much.

On top of it, we probably are familiar with such scenes that many presenters get suggestions from WG peers about their work and upgrade their slides day before the WG meetings.

For diversity, we need to take remote participants seriously. At the same time, we should also care for the IETFers who are submitting their work.

Thanks,
Aaron

Melinda