AW: Re: Berlin was awesome, let's come again

*+1*

Sent from my Galaxy S3.

Von: ext Ted Lemon <Ted.Lemon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
An: "Deen, Glenn (NBCUniversal)" <glenn.deen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Carsten Bormann <cabo@xxxxxxx>,"ietf@xxxxxxxx list" <ietf@xxxxxxxx>
Betreff: Re: Berlin was awesome, let's come again

On Aug 2, 2013, at 1:56 PM, "Deen, Glenn (NBCUniversal)" <glenn.deen@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> -1 on doing it during the winter speaking as a Californian who doesn't even own a winter coat

A winter coat used to be a prerequisite for attending winter IETF, and I don't think that's a bad thing.   You can do quite well in a climate like Berlin's with a stylish suit coat and jacket, plus a scarf and gloves, if you prefer not to go the winter coat route.   The styley route is much more expensive, but you can wear it on those days in LA when it's 50 degrees (f) out, rare though they may be.   It's also good in San Francisco weather.

Bottom line: IETF _probably_ shouldn't decide where to host its winter meetings on the basis of the completeness of your wardrobe... ;)