Re: 6tsch BoF

On 8/1/13 6:25 PM, Melinda Shore wrote:
> On 8/1/13 1:29 AM, joel jaeggli wrote:
>> Consensus for any particular outcome is in the end a judgment call.
> Well, yes and no, but this situation strikes me as odd, and probably
> a mistake on the part of the chairs.  If you can't tell whether or
> not you've got consensus, you don't have consensus.
Yes agree The distinction of none or any variant of something else is a
judgement call.
>   It sounds like
> they were treating the hum as a vote in the first place (which we
> do entirely too often).
I see nothing wrong with taking the temperature of the room.  further
exposition on the mailing list might be a discriminator that would be
easier to identify the positions and what action should therefore occur.