Re: Remote participants, newcomers, and tutorials (was: IETF87 Audio Streaming Info)

Thanks, I agree with your points/suggestions. I want to add;

a) Work/Participation in IETF is remotely to run its daily business.

b) Newcomers (how many we have per meeting); are always welcomed, no
one in IETF have been participating for longer than 30 years, so some
how could we say participants are mostly all new (remotely+newBody).
It will be nice to have a presenter (one year ietf participant) in
session related to new comers so he/she can present their live
experience. IMHO, the IETF is always new not old, so we need newcomers
(let them speak and present in their session) to make IETF newer,
otherwise IETF will become old-oriented :-)

I define a new comer as one that have been participating for less than
5 years or never attended more than 2 meetings. It will be nice if all
newcomers with this definition gather together and discuss interested
issues.

c) Overall, all IETF participants including IESG members are mostly
serving IETF as Remote participants (new and old comers), but at
meeting days some are present at the venues and not remote. We need
both participation methods, and it is better to encourage both at all
times with equal access for diversity purposes.

AB