Re: Last call: draft-montemurro-gsma-imei-urn-16.txt

On 07/20/2013 04:31 PM, John C Klensin wrote:

> --On Saturday, July 20, 2013 15:51 +0100 Stephen Farrell
> <stephen.farrell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> But, even if the outcome wasn't a BCP along the lines
>> I'd prefer, I think such a beast would still be worth
>> having if it meant we could avoid a whole lot of these
>> kinds of similar discussions on individual drafts.
>
> That was exactly what I was thinking.
>
> I think the security analogy is a combination of BCP 61 (RFC
> 3365) and RFC 1984.  That is a quibble but relates to the
> question of whether draft-iab-privacy-considerations is
> sufficient.  I think it is necessary, but not sufficient. The
> other piece would be a fairly clear and ideally consensus,
> statement about what we do and do not intend to do and why.

Fully agree. I do hope we get this discussion at the mic in
Berlin. (Or if some folks are already interested in working
on this just send me a mail.)

If someone felt this whole thing was a bad plan, now'd also
be a good time to hear about that (and why). Though of course
there'd be loads more opportunities for that too.

S.