Re: Sunday IAOC Overview Session at the Berlin IETF

Wes,

On Jul 15, 2013, at 5:13 AM, "George, Wes" <wesley.george@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> The IETF Administrative Oversight Committee (IAOC) will hold a session
>> from 1500-1650 in
>> Potsdam 1 at the Berlin IETF on Sunday July 28, 2013.  The purpose is to
>> provide an
>> overview of the IAOC to allow the community to better understand what
>> the IAOC does, how
>> the finances work, venue selection, and provide the IAOC feedback on the
>> job they are
>> doing.
>
> [WEG] After Orlando, there was feedback from multiple folks (myself included) requesting that this session *NOT* be scheduled opposite the Newcomers' meet and greet, since that means that most of the folks who might want to see this but have leadership/mentorship duties must leave the session early. Could this be moved to the earlier time slot? If not, can you at least do the content in the reverse order from the Orlando session so that between the two, those who have to leave after an hour have a mostly complete view between this session and the previous one?

We checked and it appears to be possible to move it to 1pm.  This will conflict with the 1pm sessions (Newcomers Orientation and Tools for ID), but would avoid the Newcomers' meet and greet.  There isn't a perfect solution, unless there are objections we will move it.

Thanks,
Bob