Re: The Nominating Committee Process: Eligibility

Alia Atlas <akatlas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    > I have attended one meeting remotely - and the experience is nothing at all
    > like being at IETF.  I can see modifying NomCom eligibility constraints
    > slightly - but I really do not think that remote attendees will have the
    > necessary experience and acculturation unless they have attended a number of
    > IETFs in person.

That's why, I am not in favour of significantly changing the criteria to
*become* nomcom eligible.  I really don't think anyone thinks that one can
become clueful about IETF culture without being there in person a few times.

]     mcr@xxxxxxxxxxxx  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [

--
Michael Richardson <mcr+IETF@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Sandelman Software Works