Re: The Nominating Committee Process: Eligibility

On Jun 27, 2013, at 5:50 AM, S Moonesamy <sm+ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> RFC 3777 specifies the process by which members of the Internet Architecture Board, Internet Engineering Steering Group and IETF Administrative Oversight Committee are selected, confirmed, and recalled.
>
> draft-moonesamy-nomcom-eligibility proposes an update RFC 3777 to allow remote contributors to the IETF Standards Process to be eligible to serve on NomCom and sign a Recall petition ( http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-moonesamy-nomcom-eligibility-00 ).
>
> Could you please read the draft and comment?
>
> Regards,
> S. Moonesamy

SM,
I read the draft, I think there might be some merit to this proposal but I think the threshold issue should be clarified.
What does "one of the last five mean" during an IETF meeting?

I think the threshold of having attended one meeting is too low, I would relax the rule to say something like this:
"must have attended at least 5 meetings of the last 15 and including one of the last 5".
15 meetings is 5 years, I know that is a long time, t this will allow people that that have been involved for a long time but have limited
resources to attend to participate in Nomcom/recall processes.

Q: do you want to limit how many "infrequent" attendees can be on Nomcom just like the number of people from a single organization can sign a
recall ?

	Olafur