Re: Content-free Last Call comments

On 6/11/13 10:02 AM, Ted Lemon wrote:
> The IETF last call is for catching things the working group missed,
> not for rehashing arguments that were beaten to death in the working
> group.

I am not sure I fully understand why we're having this conversation,
or rather why this aspect of the broader discussion requires attention.
Sometimes working groups make mistakes, and I don't think that in
practice there'd be general objection to having serious problems
identified during IETF last call.  Yes, there have been cases where
cranks who can't let go of an idea that was rejected try to flog it
to death, but that doesn't mean that identifying and dealing with
real problems should be dismissed.

Melinda