Re: Content-free Last Call comments

On Jun 11, 2013, at 4:51 AM, Randy Bush <randy@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> so now i am expected to do a write-up of why i show simple support of a
> document i have read?  may i use carbon paper for the triplicate, or
> will a copier suffice?  surely we can find a way to waste more time and
> effort.

If you say "I support publication," in IETF last call without saying why, you are arguably wasting other peoples' time.   If you say "I read the document and I think it's technically solid; furthermore, it addresses a real need," then you've spent a solid 5 seconds more typing, and we have something to go on.   Keep your carbon paper in the drawer where it belongs.