Forwarding AODV messages over a tunnel

Hello,

I want to forward AODV messages over a tunnel (don't worry, it's not for a wormhole attack).
In the RFC3561 I can't find information about how to deal with the packet at the tunnel endpoint. Should I increment the hopcount of a RREQ by one or by the number of hops the tunnel has? Furthermore I'm wondering about which address to use for the previous node at the tunnel endpoint. Should this be the entrance of the tunnel or the "real" previous node?
If the tunnel entrance is used as previous node and the hopcount is only incremented by one, the tunnel would be prefered compared to a connection without a tunnel (like in wormhole attacks).
Is there some information on how to deal with a tunnel?

Thanks,

Thomas